Senior Service Technician
It's time to join the Glentel team! With 17 locations across Canada and over 45 years experience in the industry– Glentel is Canada's leader in wireless communications.
About Us: Glentel Business Division is a B2B entity catering to various markets including emergency/first response, government, utilities, oil and gas and transportation. We offer sales, rentals and service of satellite and terrestrial voice and data applications. With headquarters located in Burnaby, BC, Glentel is a Canadian owned and operated publicly traded company.
What We Offer: As an employer of choice we offer a work life balance, opportunities for advancement and a positive work environment! In addition to an excellent compensation and benefits package we train and support our employees and give them the tools they need for the job!
Senior Service Technician Role:
The Senior Service Technician is required to perform complex tasks in related technologies that may include, but are not limited to: multi-site systems, trunking radio systems, simulcast systems, broadband/SCADA Systems, satellite systems, and radio dispatch console systems. Each Senior Service Technician within their area has designated responsibilities to be responsive to customer requests, maintain effective communication with stakeholders and is compliant with Glentel policies and procedures.
- Perform installation, preventative and corrective maintenance on all customer and/or company owned equipment in accordance with established schedules, contracts, policies, procedures, directives and guidelines in a timely and effective manner.
- Coordinate and conduct in shop and on-site installations, quality inspections and performance testing
- Refurbish standard equipment, special purpose equipment and system components
- Provision, commission, test, maintain and repair network elements/services
- Conduct trouble analysis (i.e. testing, fault isolation and repair functions, logs, alarms, operational measurements)
- Liaise with appropriate departments for the effective implementation of hardware, software, firmware, product change upgrades and commissioning of network elements/services
- Assist Service Manager or designate in providing quotes to Sales department
- Operate and maintain all company vehicles and equipment in the most efficient, effective, and responsible manner
- Operate and maintain all company test equipment in the most efficient, effective, and responsible manner
- Adheres to and is compliant with the required legislative framework and regulations, the Glentel Service Policy and Employee Standards Manual, the Glentel Health and Safety Program Manual, as well as policies, procedures, directives and guidelines as outlined by the employer with respect to Occupational Health and Safety
- Perform “On Call” duties and responsibilities as required and/or directed by the Service Manager, or designate
- Initiate and/or respond to inquiries, discuss problem details and confirm resolutions directly with customers
- Responds appropriately and manage customers’ critical situations and escalations
- Conducts multiple projects simultaneously, and is flexible when performing functions to respond to demands and challenging environments
- Demonstrate resource management while understanding budgetary restraints and controlling costs
- Strong commitment to continuous learning. Demonstrate the ability to learn and apply learned skills to related situations and complete and pass all related exams
- Strong proven ability in the operation of various test equipment and software tools
- Must be willing to travel to locations that may preclude your ability to return home each day
- Supervision of other Service personnel during the completion of their duties, as required and/or directed by the Service Manager or designate
- Assist in the effective and timely training/mentoring of other service personnel as required and/or directed by the Service Manager or designate
- Record labour, materials, and associated costs in accordance with Glentel procedures
- Performs other duties as required and/or directed by the Service Manager or designate
- Diploma from an accredited Electronic and/or Technical Institute
- Certified Electronics Technician or equivalent
- Team and customer oriented with 10+ years experience in the communications field
- Experience and multiple certifications on manufacturer’s products
- Strong communication and presentation skills both written and verbal
- Competency to install, maintain and repair base and repeater systems, remote controls, multiplexers, antenna systems, microwave systems, and battery back-up systems
- Extensive knowledge of two-way RF radio and communications theory
- Excellent computer skills with competency in Microsoft products, programming, troubleshooting, and performing system diagnostics on complex communication systems
- Experience with dispatch consoles, paging infrastructure, repeater systems, broadband/satellite systems, and trunked radio systems
- Skilled in cabling, connectorization, and system optimization for large projects
- Strong proven ability to identify potential problems and challenging situations, take appropriate action, implement solutions or seek the assistance of supervisor as required
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong proven ability to perform required responsibilities independently with minimal supervision and direction
- Consistently shows a high level of performance under the pressure of time constraints in a fast-paced changing environment
- Excellent planning and organizing skills and ability to meet scheduled deadlines
- A passion to work with internal and external customers
If you are interested in joining our winning team and have what it takes to be successful in a dynamic industry then submit your resume in confidence along with cover letter, professional/supervisory references and salary requirements.
GLENTEL INC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is strongly committed to diversity within its community and encourages all qualified individuals to apply-including women, visible and ethnic minorities, aboriginal persons and persons with disabilities.